Why should I miss the year 2009? Are you, guys, with me if I'd say Year 2009 had been the worst year of the decade? We may have different insights so I'd forgive you for your contradiction.
As I reviewed my life in the year 2009, I cried in tears (exaggerating huh!). 2009 had never been good to me. So many things had happened which are beyond my expectations. I should have not been looking back to this year because it brought nothing but pain. But, as we all know, we learn from our past actions, events and happenings.
Let me give you the list of my bad moments in 2009. Here they are:
- Dubai Driver's license. Due to extravagant charges of taking driver's license in Dubai, as always, I did not push through my evil desire in getting it after paying huge amount of dirhams.
- Vacation leave. My plan of reuniting with my family last July turned into a bad dream. Since we had not selected my temporary replacement, I decided to leave my post and opted to join another company instead.
- Accepting an offer. I accepted and signed an offer letter from one of the auditing companies in Sharjah with much higher compensation package and benefits. My company did not hand-over my passport so I was not able to go.
- Resignation. I got a dramatic resignation. Actually, it was not approved but I insisted to leave.I did a one-on-one talk with my boss a day before I should say goodbye to him. I revoked my resignation.
- Break-up. This is the worst thing that happened in my life. I lost the person whom I gave my trust, respect, loyalty and love. As a result, I was alone in Christmas.
Ugh. Life is a mixture of happiness and sadness. But, I am pretty sure that my year 2010 promises ONLY good lucks and prosperity.
To all you, guys, join me to say goodbye to the year 2009 and let's all welcome the bountiful year of 2010!