Growing too old seems to be impossible nowadays. I am not saying that I lost my hope to reach the age of 100. Yes I have doubts. And I am a little bit afraid that I may not grow old with the person I love. Nobody wants to die earlier by the way. The reason is life offers a lot of beautiful things to enjoy. And we don’t want to miss these beautiful things. So as much as we can, we have to take care of our health – our lives in general.
In my desire to be a centenarian, though, I still have to celebrate many more years before that happens, I did a research and came across with various reliable sites that answer my top question – how to live up to 100 years?
1. Don’t retire. This doesn’t mean that you need to be with your current employer the rest of your life. It simply suggests that you have to be active in anything after you retire from your job. Involve yourself in social activities.
2. Floss every day. According to the experts people should floss twice a day to gain the biggest life expectancy. How does it work? Flossing reduces the amount of bacteria in the mouth that causes diseases in gums. These bacteria are believed to enter the bloodstream and trigger inflammation in the arteries, thus, causing a heart disease.
3. Move around. Exercise regularly. It is believed that exercise improves your mood, mental acuity, balance, muscle mass and bones. Aside from exercise walking around the neighborhood or window shopping in malls at least 30 minutes a day helps your body active.
4. Eat a fiber-rich cereal for breakfast. A serving a whole grains in the morning helps maintain stable blood sugar and lowers incidence of diabetes.
5. Get at least six hours of sleep. For aged people sleep must be of top priority. This is one of the most important functions that our body needs to regulate and revitalize old cells.
6. Eat whole foods, not supplements. Supplements contain chemicals that can all have complex interactions. In this case, supplements are not highly advisable. To remain healthy, eat all those colorful fruits and vegetables, dark whole-grain breads and cereals. Avoid eating white foods (breads, flour, sugar) as they lack nutrients and can cause memory loss.
7. Be less neurotic. Well, sometimes this inborn trait is difficult to overcome. If you are stressed, find a better way to manage it. Don’t internalize or dwell with your troubles.
8. Live like a Seventh Day Adventist. Don’t condemn me for promoting this religion. It has been proven that in the US Seventh Day Adventists have higher life expectancy than the average American. This is because these people live without smoking, alcohol abuse, or overeating of sweets. They are also vegetarians and focused their lives in on their family and community.
9. Be a creature of habit. Live by strict routines, eat same kind of diet and do same kind of activities. As we grow older our immune defenses grow weaker and leaving us more susceptible to viruses or bacterial infections.
10. Stay connected. Depressions can lead to premature death but it can be avoided by having regular social contacts with friends and love ones. Communicate to your virtual friends.
Source: Yahoo health
Review: Richest Countries in the World
How to convince people believe in you?
What else you can do in the desert?